Spare wheel

All Kia Niro related discussions
Pippy. Polo

Post by Pippy. Polo »

Any ideas were I can get a spare wheel for the niro on a trim 4 seen the 16 inch ones but the trim 4 has 18 inch and Im not shore if the 16 inch ones are suitable any ideas or advice thanks.

Old Salt

Post by Old Salt »

The only difference is the diameter of the wheel, the tyre diameters are essentially the same + or - a few millimetres. I have the 18" standard wheels on my trim 4 and got a spare wheel with jack, brace and bag via eBay. All brand new for £139.

https://www.thewheelshop.co.uk/kia-niro ... brace.html
MY22 Kia Niro 2 - Pearl White

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise
Pippy. Polo

Post by Pippy. Polo »

Thanks for the info will definitely look into this then
Suman

Post by Suman »

I bought the full size spare wheel from Jennings motor group:
https://www.jenningsmotorgroup.co.uk/sh ... -wheel-18/

and bought a matching Michelin Pilot Sport tyre from blackcircles.com. It cost a fair amount, but I wanted to feel more secure in the event of a puncture on the motorway.
Kia Stinger GTS in Panthera Metallic Grey
Previously: Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White, Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo
niroal

Post by niroal »

That link is a brilliant price for a new alloy. When I was looking for a VW it was in the region of £600 each!!!
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
RichS

Post by RichS »

Could someone please confirm whether the Wheelshop spacesaver wheel can be fitted using the original wheelnuts?
My last car had a separate set of wheelnuts for the spare.
Topicalcat

Post by Topicalcat »

Maybe maybe not. It all depends on the seating. I used to think that you always needed different wheelnuts but perhaps it is more complicated. It is the shape of the shoulder that matters and how it spreads the load on the face of the wheel. https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/answ ... el-wheels-

What do wheelshop say? Not a lot of money to get a new set of wheel nuts if you have to
🚙
Suman

Post by Suman »

Yesterday I reversed over a blade in a supermarket car park and the tyre was damaged beyond repair. I'm so glad I had bought the full size spare wheel now. Getting a replacement tyre today.
Previously: Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White, Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo
aubreyd

Post by aubreyd »

Can you say how these fit in the boot please?
Suman

Post by Suman »

You need to remove both the upper and lower foam storage units under the boot floor, then the full size wheel and tyre fits perfectly in the space. There's even room just about to put in a wheel brace and jack. I'll take a photo later and upload it here.