New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
micpin

Post by micpin »

Ordered a Niro 3 yesterday, Ocean Blue. Currently a Qashqai diesel owner and visited showroom a week earlier with the intention of buying a petrol Sportage. Had a test drive of both and was persuaded by the Niro's economy and, despite the motoring press reviews, the performance. Pick up on 1st March :)

Samir

Post by Samir »

Hi All,

I not quite a new member, as I tagged onto an existing post ( recently), as I am a novice when it come to forums. This is the first forum I joined.

I looked a Nissan Qasqui, Renault Kadjar, Skoda Kodiaq, VW T Roc. Toyota Rav 4, & C-HR. The Kadjar came close on price and the Toyota Hybrid offerings were not a good as the Niro . The Prius is not a crossover, so was did not make my list.

The Niro got me on the Hybrid,Conventional gearbox. standard kit and price.

Despite the motoring press reviews, the performance and handling seems to be ok ( not expecting it to leave anyone standing at the lights) . Plan on ordering a PHEV in due course.

The electrical faults seem to be a recurring issue, or am I mistaken?
niroal

Post by niroal »

Samir wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:56 pm Hi All,

I not quite a new member, as I tagged onto an existing post ( recently), as I am a novice when it come to forums. This is the first forum I joined.

I looked a Nissan Qasqui, Renault Kadjar, Skoda Kodiaq, VW T Roc. Toyota Rav 4, & C-HR. The Kadjar came close on price and the Toyota Hybrid offerings were not a good as the Niro . The Prius is not a crossover, so was did not make my list.

The Niro got me on the Hybrid,Conventional gearbox. standard kit and price.

Despite the motoring press reviews, the performance and handling seems to be ok ( not expecting it to leave anyone standing at the lights) . Plan on ordering a PHEV in due course.

The electrical faults seem to be a recurring issue, or am I mistaken?
The main electrical fault (to my knowledge) that affected both early Niros & Ioniqs was discharge of the 12v battery, to my knowledge this is no longer an issue. Also HEV Niros now use a different 12v battery to the early cars.
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post