Coasting guide

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
Knuttucks

Post by Knuttucks »

Hi,
Has anyone managed to get the coasting guide to work, I've tried repeatedly but to no avail?
Current: Kia Niro 4 in Ocean Blue
Previous: Citroen DS4, Hyundai i40 Premium Tourer,Ford Mondeo Econetic

JOL54

Post by JOL54 »

Yes. You need to have the sat nav programmed. It works well but requires a traffic free road otherwise following traffic can get impatient!!!!
Knuttucks

Post by Knuttucks »

Tried it again today, all turned on in settings and sat nav programmed for a 2 hour trip to Aberystwyth - nothing, no sounds, no visual indications, not a peep, double checked every setting before the return trip and changed the coasting setting from early to late and still nothing...
I must be doing something wrong but for the life of me I cant see where i'm going wrong!!!

Step 1 is to turn coasting on in settings, step 2 is program a destination and follow the indicated route, step 3 is currently wondering where I went wrong...
Splang

Post by Splang »

Coasting doesn’t appear for me either? Enabled in the driver Menu
dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

Same here in my Niro 4. All seems to be set in the driver menu and satnav set up with a route, yet nothing. As with others members on the forum are we all doing something fundamentally wrong.
MY18 Niro 4 Graphite
Knuttucks

Post by Knuttucks »

Glad I'm not the only one, hopefully someone will take pity on our plight and point out where we are going wrong. (Please)
AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

How can the system know from a two-dimensional map that there is a long downhill coming up? Methinks it's a Korean joke.....seriously, has anyone tried using the speed limiter? This automatically coasts downhill as it prevents any propulsion once the set speed is reached. Pity it doesn't brake the car as it can exceed the set speed if the downhill is steep enough.
UK 2021 Mark 1 HEV 4 in silky silver, standard spec.
previously UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.
Old Salt

Post by Old Salt »

The adaptive cruise control uses the brakes to slow the Niro when it's controlling speed on the down hills.
MY22 Kia Niro 2 - Pearl White

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise
AndyD

Post by AndyD »

Discovered the coasting guide was already active when using sat nav recently. However it only appeared twice in a 120 mile journey! Active when the Nav detected a roundabout ahead where I needed to slow down. Not sure it will bring much benefit but an interesting feature.
UK PHEV in White Pearl.
AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

Old Salt wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:07 pm The adaptive cruise control uses the brakes to slow the Niro when it's controlling speed on the down hills.
Indeed it does! So the cruise control will limit the speed, but the speed limiter won't....hmmm, wonder if there is a Korean word for logic.
UK 2021 Mark 1 HEV 4 in silky silver, standard spec.
previously UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.