New UK PHEV owner

New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
AndyD

Post by AndyD »

Collected our new (to us!) white pearl PHEV today. Very pleased with the quiet comfort and economy on the 60 mile journey home. Going to be testing in the Cotswold hills tomorrow - anyone have any experiences of 25% gradients and economy?
UK PHEV in White Pearl.

Topicalcat

Post by Topicalcat »

No, but what energy you use going up hills you will hopefully recover a fair chunk of going down the other side! You can not recover kinetic energy going downhill in a conventional car. Report back on your mpg going down the steep hill into Fossebridge on the Fosse Way and how the car copes with coming up the hill the other side! That village is a good test of any car, pity they put a speed camera at he bottom.
🚙
AndyD

Post by AndyD »

Topicalcat wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:09 pm No, but what energy you use going up hills you will hopefully recover a fair chunk of going down the other side! You can not recover kinetic energy going downhill in a conventional car. Report back on your mpg going down the steep hill into Fossebridge on the Fosse Way and how the car copes with coming up the hill the other side! That village is a good test of any car, pity they put a speed camera at he bottom.
Will do when I get out that way. Have checked my climb and it 'cost' 4 miles of electric range for the less than half mile distance travelled. Seemed to recover about 2 miles range coming down. What I had not realised is that charging takes place at two levels (as shown on the driver's gauge) - modest charging when 'coasting on the brake' downhill, but greater charging rate when the brakes are applied properly to control speed.
Still very impressed by the drivetrain smoothness.
UK PHEV in White Pearl.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post