Niro CarPlay

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
bah434x

Post by bah434x »

Just had a new Niro PHEV delivered.

When I plug my iPhone in car play starts then a few seconds later it failed. Tried other phones and same issue.. Anyone else have the issue? After 5 or 6 attempts it stays connected.. also checked cables.

F9F6F6F0-928A-40AD-A8CB-5F740C950B84.jpeg

h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi bah434x. Sorry to hear of the carplay problems . Most of us have the occasional drop out connection problem but this seems excessive. Suggest you would take car back to dealer and get them to try one of their phones or several to confirm the problem?
h2onorth
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi bah434x. One other option I forgot to mention. Apparently iPhone bluetooth needs to switch off when being connected to carplay. Software problem may cause it not to switch off hence your problem.
Try manually switching off Bluetooth , if it's on normally, then plug in phone with original iPhone connector.
Hope it works h2onorth
dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

Had no issues on my 6 month of Niro using Apple Car Play, as soon as my iPhone is plug in via a cable a message displays on the screen 'bluetooth disconnected'. If you are not receiving this message on screen it does sound like something is wrong with the connection. Do you know if you have the latest software on the head unit which may also be causing the issue.
MY18 Niro 4 Graphite
bah434x

Post by bah434x »

Have tried multiple cables and different iPhone’s all do the same thing, I do get the BT disconnect message when plugging in.

I have noticed if I connect a device then go to Apple maps or messages in CarPlay it stays connected if I don’t do anything I get the disconnect..

Software version below which I was told was the latest.

66209A0B-0E1D-4340-9B7D-0A8D8BD37605.jpeg

Paule82

Post by Paule82 »

Hey bah434x I’d be interested to know how you get on with this. Picked up my car on Saturday and Car Play was working an absolute treat. Since Wednesday though it drops out for no apparent reason and the car’s radio then kicks in. Sometimes it reconnects. If I press media it says no media found. Have to disconnect and reconnect the USB and that usually fixes it. Would be grateful for any suggestions on this. I had asked the dealer to ensure the latest software was loaded before collection and assured that it was but guess I wouldn’t know? Running iOS 11.4

I have seen that some suggest switching off BT so have tried that and still getting the same issue??
bah434x

Post by bah434x »

Had it in the dealer yesterday and tested another in the showroom and it did the same..

Kia have just released a software update but the dealers don’t have it yet, should do in the next week.

Hopefully that will resolve it
bah434x

Post by bah434x »

This has been resolved by the software update just released. Didn’t have to pay for the update as it was related to the fault..

All Working great now.
dakm1

Post by dakm1 »

I had a problem on WIFI connection from my I phone SE , I went onto settings and on the WAP security pressed forget box and it's connected fine now.
jerrytaff

Post by jerrytaff »

I've had a similar issue with Android Auto. It all connects fine. I'll be using google maps, and 30 or 40 minutes into the journey, it disconnects, switches to radio. I've not yet worked out how to reconnect (too busy driving), so have had to switch to using the car satnav. Now got used to keying the destination in on car satnav before connecting the phone so I can seamlessly switch between the two. I wonder if the software update fixes Android Auto as well as Car Play.
2018 PHEV 3 in Gravity Blue :D
Previous DS (formerly Citroen) DS5 Prestige BlueHDi S/S Auto 2.0, Jaguar X type 2.0 S Diesel

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post