Lead time/waiting time

All Kia Niro related discussions
pjm5755

Post by pjm5755 »

My PHEV order through Inchcape our Leasing Supplier has recently been revised to add in another month (to 24th July), so I assume the demand is exceeding the supply since the government taxation of company cars and emissions changed.

Its better to have a separate item for the MPG rather than have it on this 'Lead Time' topic. I'm sure most people look at this topic to know about the lead in and delivery time rather than mpg - which is an interesting separate topic, perhaps.

Rando

Post by Rando »

I have been advised by our lasing company Leaseplan that the Niro PHEV with metallic paint will be a December 2018 delivery !
That seems rather a long wait !
Topicalcat

Post by Topicalcat »

See another parallel thread,
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=432

Have not got to the bottom of it but I gather a product announcement on updated models is due. That might explain the delays with the current PHEV?
🚙
derson

Post by derson »

Car ordered 29/05 still no production date from KIA - very weird
Daverobbo

Post by Daverobbo »

Delivery date now moved from August to September.
Booo
Niro 4 in Ocean Blue
Previous car 2.2d Mazda 6
deguy

Post by deguy »

I read an article in a weekend paper that manufacturers have a backlog with getting cars certified through new emissions tests and that is causing a knock-on effect on deliveries. But ironic for a PHEV if its the case.
Niro Spirit 2017 HEV in Ocean Blue (German spec similar to First Edition without ADAP)
Previously: Mercedes B-Class 200CDI Autotronic
ant22

Post by ant22 »

Hi all, new member here. Unfortunately i’m coming up against the same problem. Ordered a new Hybrid Niro 4 in early April. Initially given an estimated 12 week delivery time. Well I’m now being told “they’re still building it” and they can’t give me any ETA. Am assuming that’s dealer speak for they haven’t got a clue and Kia aren’t telling them anything. All very worrying. For all I know they haven’t even started the build.
Have a sinking feeling we’ll be looking at another 3-4 months allowing for shipping time.
shikoku14

Post by shikoku14 »

Hi, just to add to this I ordered a 3 PHEV on a three year lease this week and have been advised 16 week delivery from order. To add context to this I have recently received a Soul EV (we are leasing that over two years) and that took 22 weeks to arrive in the country for PDI from point of order. Given the Niro utilises some of the tech in the Soul EV I wouldn't be surprised if they run on the same production line (or close by) and then you have the "Unicorn" element that we need the steering wheel on the other side in the UK, so this further diminishes the number of these they pump out. I'm expecting November to be optimistic given my experience with the Soul.
derson

Post by derson »

You knows, I just received email from fleet "I am afraid on the latest report from the dealership it is still showing as ‘awaiting production info from Kia’." I'm waiting from 29 may
pjm5755

Post by pjm5755 »

My next lease car, a Kia Niro PHEV has kept slipping on its delivery date, but is now at the Dealership and awaiting its pre delivery inspection, so it shouldn't be long before its actually with me.

After making a comment about the slippage on getting the car, the leasing company sent me this information that indicates greater testing to meet new legislation.

At this moment in time there has been large disruptions and delays for KIA are due to the new WLTP (Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure) which is coming into effect in September. As a result of this all manufacturers, including KIA have had to have all cars re-tested to meet the new standards. There has also been a period of time where they have ceased production on the majority of vehicles whilst the tests are being carried out as all vehicles produced before the test is carried must be built/sold/delivered before the 1st of September otherwise it becomes illegal for it to be sold

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post