Hello / Bonjour

New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
l-noel

Post by l-noel »

Hello,

Short introduction, I'm french living close to Lyon.

At the present time I'm the Owner of a Ford Grand C-Max Titanium TDCI Powersift.
I was looking for an hybrid since a long time but the CVT transmission used on most of them didnt suit me.

I've test drive the Niro last year and since looking for a used car low milage but with a good trim level.

I Think I've found my ride with a 2017 Niro Premium, deep Cerulean Blue 33 000 Km. I will test it tomorow afternoon.

Why registering on this forum ?

I'm a former member of the 8th gen Civic Forum and i did found that UK Foum are vey usefull and interesting.

So I'm here now.

Thanks in advance for all your advice an tips.

By the way What should I check on the car befre buying it ?
French Kia Niro HEV owner.
Premium Trim (between Type 3 and 4 on UK Market)

h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Well, everything you would check for with any car plus all the additional electric gizmos the hybrid has, problem being how do you check some of these?
To be honest it's difficult but I would drive a new demonstrator then drive the secondhand one and compare noise and smoothness. You will have the Kia warranty presumably and check the service record. The potential problem I have noticed with hybrid s is that the engine starts very frequently, but remains cold , particularly in the summer, so wear on restarts must be higher than on a combustion engine.
h2onorth
l-noel

Post by l-noel »

h2onorth wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:08 pm Well, everything you would check for with any car plus all the additional electric gizmos the hybrid has, problem being how do you check some of these?
To be honest it's difficult but I would drive a new demonstrator then drive the secondhand one and compare noise and smoothness. You will have the Kia warranty presumably and check the service record. The potential problem I have noticed with hybrid s is that the engine starts very frequently, but remains cold , particularly in the summer, so wear on restarts must be higher than on a combustion engine.
h2onorth
Thanks for the Advice, it was very usefull.

The test itself was rather nice, the car was in a perfect shape but when going through the documents I notice the car didnt recieve any proper service for the 15 000 Km... so the 6 ramaining years of Kia Warranty was void !
So I didnt bother to go futhrt with it.

The Next monday I found a 16 000 km 2016 graphite Niro, full spec (everything but the sunroof). It was the Kia dealer car, so no maintenance problems with her this time.

So I've her home since one week now and enjoy it.
pchrist7

Post by pchrist7 »

Welcome ! Hope you're as happy as I in Denmark with a simmilar car (HEV i presume ? ie. not plugin due to the date) If you use the forum often you could add that to your profile, I think) Note to self - check my own profile.
"I'm in love with my car ...", Cheers
l-noel

Post by l-noel »

pchrist7 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:22 pm Welcome ! Hope you're as happy as I in Denmark with a simmilar car (HEV i presume ? ie. not plugin due to the date) If you use the forum often you could add that to your profile, I think) Note to self - check my own profile.
"I'm in love with my car ...", Cheers
Yes I'm an happy driver :-)

And you're right, it's an HEV Niro.

I will update my profile, thx