All Kia Niro related discussions
Daverobbo

Post by Daverobbo »

So my expected delivery date of September is not going happen then
Niro 4 in Ocean Blue
Previous car 2.2d Mazda 6

ant22

Post by ant22 »

Same boat here sadly. Still no news at all from Kia or dealer. They can’t even tell me if the build has started or not. They also added that on top of the new emissions issue, some orders could be held back for the new model year Niro..... but couldn’t tell me when the new model year car will be announced... or if I’ll need to re-spec if I am affected.
It’s turning into a comedy sketch now!!
Topicalcat

Post by Topicalcat »

I think I posted these comments before. When I went into my local Kia dealer, end of June to order a PHEV I was told this was not possible. The dealer showed on her computer the official message from Kia dated APRIL telling dealers that orders suspended awaiting an update. Seems to me that any dealer taking an order after then was just after your deposit! An online broker was quite happy to take an order from me. The dealer was more honest. I can therefore recommend the Kia dealer TMS in Hinckley for their integrity.

Given the delays I have now ordered an electric Hyundai Kona!
🚙
Daverobbo

Post by Daverobbo »

My dealer has at last admitted that mine will not be ready until oct/Nov.
This is because I have ordered a niro 4 but with 16" wheels so that is a factory order.
They have found a new model 4 with 18" and I can have it in September.
And no they can't swap the wheels for 16"!!!

Bizarre
Niro 4 in Ocean Blue
Daverobbo

Post by Daverobbo »

Quick further update.
The model I can have in September is still on a boat being shipped cover.
Can I be confident of the sept delivery date?
Niro 4 in Ocean Blue
pjm5755

Post by pjm5755 »

Apparently my PHEV arrived at the dealers on 27th July and their estimated delivery date to me is 22nd August. I expect they have to do some of the recall modifications to the rear suspension and other work because I can't see how a pre delivery inspection and registration can take so long. When I checked with the leasing company last week, they confirmed the car was in the dealers compound. All I can do is wait and it will arrive when they are ready.
ant22

Post by ant22 »

Call from dealer today confirming that if I drop the 16 inch wheels for my Niro 4 and stick with the 18’s, they can deliver early September. I suspect that they know they’ll have a batch of emissions test passed vehicles available after September 1st. Here’s hoping
Daverobbo

Post by Daverobbo »

Got to balance the extra company car tax due to higher co2 and lower mpg against getting it early.
Niro 4 in Ocean Blue
iwantanirophev

Post by iwantanirophev »

I got notified that our original delivery time of September was now moved to December/January as all PHEV manufacturing was kept on hold.
Kia Niro PHEV 68 Plate
derson

Post by derson »

Any updates? Probably I have to cancel Niro order- not happy to wait that long. Have offer for BMW 330E in almost same money. Just shame KIA!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post