Annual Service, 4 recall actions

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

My Niro 2 purchased 1 Sept 2016 has just been for its annual service. Additionally 4 recall actions have been done:

- ECM upgrade HCULDC ACC Improvement.
- DE PCB Block Replacement
- ECM Upgrade: BMS Logic Improvement
- Hydraulic Clutch Actuator Inspection: Repair or Replacement.

On the drive home the gear change felt smoother and there were no lags.

Only worry was after 5 miles the mpg figure was 29.5, but this is probably due to running whilst being serviced.

Allow 5 hours for these tasks.
Mike R
Niro 2 Black [no additional driving aids] Since 1 Sept 2016
Previously: Sportage KX2awd on11 plate

AndyD

Post by AndyD »

Very interesting. Does anyone have similar info for any Niro PHEV recall items? My first service is booked in two weeks and the dealer did not indicate any updates/recalls when I asked.
Thanks, Andy.
UK PHEV in White Pearl.
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi AndyD.
My experience is that until they plug your car in at the service centre they claim not to know what might be needed!. So much for VIN data info, perhaps it's not linked to recalls!
h2onorth
AndyD

Post by AndyD »

Well, car had first service today (ca. 6000 miles) and was also checked for two bulletin items: hydraulic clutch (no issue found) and rear suspension lower arms (replaced - though I suspect this was just bushes). The garage also arranged for wheel alignment check after the suspension work to avoid potential abnormal tyre wear. Slightly longer than normal, but good service at Kia Weston-S-M.
UK PHEV in White Pearl.
exguitarman

Post by exguitarman »

HI MY 2018 NIRO PHEV GRAPHITE GREY HAS JUST COME BACK RECALL ACTIONS WERE, WIRING HARNESS REPLACE OR SUCURE, REAR SUSPENSION,ALLOY WHEEL REPLACEMENT CHECK HYDRAULIC CLUTCH.SEEMS TO DRIVE A BIT SMOOTHER.APRT FROM THAT I'M LOVING IT.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post