Phone plugged in using Android Auto - Charging ?

All Kia Niro related discussions
Hopp

Post by Hopp »

Am not sure my phone is being charged when plugged in to car using Android Auto.
Grateful for any suggestions on how to check this.

deguy

Post by deguy »

Same way as you would check if it is charging normally - generally the battery symbol will gain a lightning symbol. Of course, if you use a data-only cable nothing will charge.
Niro Spirit 2017 HEV in Ocean Blue (German spec similar to First Edition without ADAP)
Previously: Mercedes B-Class 200CDI Autotronic
jonmills1432

Post by jonmills1432 »

Recently bought Kia Niro 3 very happy with it but am trying to work out how to wireless connect my iphone se to the car system so it can wireless charge and connect wireless to the entertainment system? Believe I may need a Qi wireless adapter or something?
jonmills1432

Post by jonmills1432 »

Disregard my last msg - just found out from Apple chat that iphone SE does not support wireless charging. iphone 8 onwards do. :)
AlanHo

Post by AlanHo »

You can add a QI charging case to convert your iPhone SE to wireless charging.

I have a similar one for my Samsung Galaxy A3 and it works fine.

http://tinyurl.com/yb7wmvd7

You can also buy a thin charging adapter if you already have a non-metallic thin case. This is attached to the back of the phone with double adhesive, sits between the phone back and the case then plugs into your phone socket. You would need to buy a USB charging pad separately

http://tinyurl.com/ya3ys494

There are many brands available. The above links are just examples. You will appreciate that if you want to use the phone socket to connect it to a conventional charger or your PC - the case/adapter has to be temporarily unplugged.

Beware of really cheap Ebay ones - they are unreliable and could over-charge the phone
Currently Sept 2021 Niro 3 HEV in Ocean Blue

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post