Using Economy 7 electricity to charge Niro PHEV

New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
Topicalcat

Post by Topicalcat »

Unless you work nights, bog standard economy7 works for me, times now on GMT are 12.30 - 7.30. That is 7 hours potential charging time. Lets the car charge whilst I am in bed and it is defrosted ready to go in the morning.
🚙

Akula

Post by Akula »

Topicalcat wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:03 pm ........ and it is defrosted ready to go in the morning.
I didnt think the heating worked via the electric ? I thought the engine needed to be running ?

how does this work on the Niro ??

I think the Soul had an mobile app where if it was on charge you could set the interior temp while it was on charge ,

Topicalcat

Post by Topicalcat »

I may be jumping ahead, I think this will feature on the electric version when it appears. My experience is with the Hyundai Kona EV. You set the timer to recharge over night economy 7 or whatever time you want and set a departure time. Having charged, the car will then heat (or cool) the car for the set departure time. I am finding that so much of the electronics are remarkably similar between the Kia and Hyundai that I am confident this will feature on the Niro EV.
🚙
niroal

Post by niroal »

Personally even with our previous Renault Zoe BEV we found it too close to justify E7 as the day rate was so much higher. Having to be that organised with regards to dishwasher & washing machine / tumble dryer. Our oven is electric & we do mainly home cooking rather than ready meals so again it would be another heavy use that is enforced to be during the day.
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post