Coasting guide

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
bah434x

Post by bah434x »

I had this working, with navigation on. Get a little graphic on the centre display that says coasting, I was about 250yds from a junction

jerrytaff

Post by jerrytaff »

Had it operate once today over a 120 mile journey. Seems to be of very limited utility. Has anyone else had it operate on a more regular basis?
2018 PHEV 3 in Gravity Blue :D
Previous DS (formerly Citroen) DS5 Prestige BlueHDi S/S Auto 2.0, Jaguar X type 2.0 S Diesel
niroal

Post by niroal »

Works fine for me as long as route is programmed on the Nav. Not any major use as only tells you what is obvious if you drive looking further than the end of the bonnet. The Mrs says it is annoying as tells her too early to slow down. May explain why she only gets about 40 mpg out of her Ford Ka+.........
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
Stepshort

Post by Stepshort »

It came up on my Niro 4 without me even knowing it existed !! The point is it beeps and the sign says 'COAST@, then when you take your foot off it changes to 'COASTING'. Most of the time it doesn't show because you have preempted it and already taken your foot off, eg approaching a roundabout or junction. It isn't just about hills, it's about advising you that you are approaching something at such a speed that if you take your foot off the gas you will still reach it at a reasonable speed.