Tailgate Rattle

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
Dennis10

Post by Dennis10 »

Having recently bought a new Niro 4 I like everyone else was instantly delighted with it, except for 2 annoying rattles!

The first turned out to be a pair of glasses in the holder by the sun visor (my fault) the second an annoying occasional rattle from the tailgate. After some investigation and extra grease around the main boot catch I have found 2 small rubber bump stops one either side of the tailgate. Appears these can be slightly unscrewed on a thread to give a tighter fit and my rattle has now gone!!

Still delighted with the car overall great build quality.

tonybkent

Post by tonybkent »

I've had a rattle for a month or two now and wondered if it might be the same as Dennis10 describes, but I don't think it is. I've driven up and down my driveway with the boot open and still get the same sound. I've removed all the boot area flooring / covering leaving the battery exposed and I still get it driving it up and down the road. It seems to be coming from just left of centre in the boot. It sounds worse with the flooring / covering out which implies it's coming from under the car maybe.

Before I call the dealer has anyone else had something similar?
tonybkent

Post by tonybkent »

I've just noticed that the answer to my question this evening appears to be in a different thread; "PHEV recall items - outcomes ".