PHEV recall items - outcomes

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
AndyD

Post by AndyD »

Following the recent service and recall updates to my PHEV, an issue has arisen. I now have an irritating knocking rattle from the rear underside when driving on slightly uneven surfaces - this after the rear lower suspension arms were replaced per the recall.
KIA garage are going to have a look at it, but I wonder if anyone else has experienced this? Nothing appears amiss looking under the car.
Perhaps it is a coincidence, but I have also got a TMPS indication that will not cancel, even though the tyre pressures are now all reading the same! This is the first time the TMPS has flagged anything in 6000miles and it was only 1 psi different in the first place.
Comments appreciated, Andy,
UK PHEV in White Pearl.

radar2018

Post by radar2018 »

you will need to drive between 6 -10 miles for that TMPS to cancell
KIA NIRO PHEV OCT 2018 Gravity Blue
deguy

Post by deguy »

My TPMS tripped yesterday. My theory is that the last update to the car fixed or implemented alerting, as it never alerted me before if one tyre was a couple of tenths of a bar down on the others, I only found out by cycling through the screens. Yesterday it turned suddenly cold here (4 Deg overnight), so I'm currently assuming that's caused a pressure drop in all four tyres. At any rate the orange alert stayed on for the 20km drive, even with the pressures gradually recovering to 2.3 bar.

Update: just checked and they should be 2.5 bar, so I was well down.
Niro Spirit 2017 HEV in Ocean Blue (German spec similar to First Edition without ADAP)
Previously: Mercedes B-Class 200CDI Autotronic
AndyD

Post by AndyD »

Thanks for your comments Radar and Deguy, will try that….
UK PHEV in White Pearl.
JOL54

Post by JOL54 »

Rear arms replaced yesterday and now a rattle as described here. Any rectification taken please??
John
AndyD

Post by AndyD »

John, I contacted the KIA garage that did the recall work and they came to check the car over. With no obvious issues they provided a loan car and took my PHEV away to investigate. Apparently a shock absorber had failed and they needed to get parts from Germany. Car collected about 10 days later - rattle gone! Suggest a call to them to check and replace both rear shocks. BTW, they also had laser alignment done of the rear suspension following both jobs to avoid any abnormal tyre wear.
AndyD
UK PHEV in White Pearl.
JOL54

Post by JOL54 »

Thank you very much - passing comments on as Garage have just rung to say they can hear the noise but cant trace it!!!!
J
janesdsg

Post by janesdsg »

Useful info, thanks, as my PHEV goes in on Monday to have the recall work done.
Jane
Kia Niro PHEV, gravity blue
JOL54

Post by JOL54 »

Chippenham motor co have had to call in Kia technical as they cannot find the cause!!!
JOL54

Post by JOL54 »

Still no car :-(
Latest is to dismantle and rebuild rear suspension - did they ought to give me a new car instead???

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post