What size SD card is advisable for the sat/nav etc. in the Niro hybrid

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
AlfeeT

Post by AlfeeT »

I have recently purchased a Kia Nero hybrid and have finally got round to setting up the sat/nav etc. Can anyone advise me on what size SD card I should use as I haven't found any reference to this in the manual. I do have a micro SD card (with adapter) @ 64 mb. would this suffice? Thank you.

radar2018

Post by radar2018 »

Are you sure this is only 64mb, if so there is no way this will be big enough . My NIRO PHEV has 32GB full size SD
KIA NIRO PHEV OCT 2018 Gravity Blue
AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

Why are you asking this question? The sat-nav should already have an SDcard installed that contains the maps it uses. From time to time the dealer will offer to update maps on the card, not obligatory! Is your sat-nav not working or asking for a card?
UK 2021 Mark 1 HEV 4 in silky silver, standard spec.
previously UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.
AlfeeT

Post by AlfeeT »

Hi Guys,
Thank you for your feedback. As you said Alan their should have already been an SD card installed but on removing the dust cover from the SD slot there wasn't one. This being my first car with built in sat/nav I was unsure. The good news is, after posting my query, I checked through all the manuals etc. in the car and found a sealed envelope containing the card. Now up and running, thanks again to the two of you for your kind input.
AlfeeT
niroal

Post by niroal »

AlfeeT wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:13 pm Hi Guys,
Thank you for your feedback. As you said Alan their should have already been an SD card installed but on removing the dust cover from the SD slot there wasn't one. This being my first car with built in sat/nav I was unsure. The good news is, after posting my query, I checked through all the manuals etc. in the car and found a sealed envelope containing the card. Now up and running, thanks again to the two of you for your kind input.
AlfeeT
Great PDI & handover from the dealer then!!!!
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
jerrytaff

Post by jerrytaff »

My dealer even paired the car with my phone as part of the handover.
2018 PHEV 3 in Gravity Blue :D
Previous DS (formerly Citroen) DS5 Prestige BlueHDi S/S Auto 2.0, Jaguar X type 2.0 S Diesel
SnowCanada416

Post by SnowCanada416 »

There's built-in sat/nav? My 2018 Hybrid supports Android Auto and Apple Car play. There's no built-in apps, just what the phone provides but displays on the large screen and integrates into the speaker system. Did I miss something?
radar2018

Post by radar2018 »

There are 2 ways to update the sat nav, sd card or USB stick, My car has SD card
KIA NIRO PHEV OCT 2018 Gravity Blue

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post