New car waiting times.

All Kia Niro related discussions
Bruiserboymeasures

Post by Bruiserboymeasures »

Recently I ordered my first ever new car a Niro 2.

My trusty old Nissan will run out of mot beginning of February and because of its age and condition will be going to a scrap yard as it’s not worth me paying the £600+ I’ve been quoted to keep a £500 rustbucket on the road.

I’ve been informed by the dealership my car is at the factory and won’t be here until the first week in March so I will be without a car until it arrives unfortunately.

Does anyone know if Kia are accurate with waiting times? I live in a rural area with no bus service twelve miles from a train station so I’ll be relying on taxi cabs and the wife will have to order our groceries online until my car arrives which will be a pain.

So looking forward to getting my Niro just hope I don’t have to wait too long.

MrDriver

Post by MrDriver »

Good evening, I waited 7 months for my Niro 3 PHEV. If you have been told it is at the factory you need to allow min of 5 weeks for Shipping from South Korea. then 2 weeks for the car to go to the dealer for a PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection). This would mean that you are still at least 7/8 weeks away from getting your new car.
You can ask the Dealer for the VIN and ask them to tell you what boat/ship is it on so you can track the boat via shipping internet sites.

Good Luck and Hope it arrives soon

Buying a PHEV was one of the best motoring decisions I have ever made and will hoping it will save a considerable amount of money on fuel !
mme

Post by mme »

I found the factory estimate reasonably accurate when I got my first edition, albeit a while ago. Ask dealer when it is on the boat as you can then track the (likely) boat (see other posts). Don't worry, the car is worth the wait. It turned me into a Hybrid covert! PHEV's were (are?) on slower delivery.
Enjoy when it arrives- you made a good choice!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post