High beam assist

All Kia Niro related discussions
melymalu

Post by melymalu »

Hi
I am about to take delivery of the Niro 3. Does anyone know if it has high beam assist? My current Nissan does and I find it very handy.

tonybkent

Post by tonybkent »

Sorry, but no - at least not on the PHEV Niro which is the "3". At the other end of those headlights though it does have automatic dimming for the rear view mirror which is handy when someone drives up behind you with their main beams still on! :-)
melymalu

Post by melymalu »

Ah ok. A feature missed in my view by Kia as it is very useful
niroal

Post by niroal »

I don’t think even the 4 has it
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

No the Niro 4 dosn't have High Beam Assist, something that I would find helpful having driven a Citroen with it before purchasing my Niro. My other gripe with the car is that the software should be updated so that the digital speedo can display kph and not just mph. Very useful if you take the car abroad and availabe on other Kia models in the UK.
MY18 Niro 4 Graphite
niroal

Post by niroal »

dmrodgers wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:42 pm No the Niro 4 dosn't have High Beam Assist, something that I would find helpful having driven a Citroen with it before purchasing my Niro. My other gripe with the car is that the software should be updated so that the digital speedo can display kph and not just mph. Very useful if you take the car abroad and availabe on other Kia models in the UK.
Good point, crazy we can't have Kph, but we can get economy in US gallons!!!
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
deguy

Post by deguy »

It probably won't make you feel any better, but I can't get mph on mine! At least most UK-sold cars have a nod to kph around the inside of the speedometer, the reverse is missing on cars sold on "the continent".
Niro Spirit 2017 HEV in Ocean Blue (German spec similar to First Edition without ADAP)
Previously: Mercedes B-Class 200CDI Autotronic
Stepshort

Post by Stepshort »

I had a Qashqai before my Niro4, and to be honest I gave up using the high beam assist. So often it would fail to dip fast enough and I would be scrambling for the manual dip. It was particularly useless on hills and corners. With the Niro I know where I am.