Getting my Niro 2 next week - what to look for?

All Kia Niro related discussions
krisnixon

Post by krisnixon »

Hi all. I've got an 18 plate Niro2 coming on Tuesday, I was wondering if some of you experienced Niro drivers would be able to give me some pointers on things to look out for. It's my first hybrid vehicle, so other than the test drive, Im coming in blind.

So maybe you folks could share your "favourite 5 things" / "least favourite 5 things" about the Niro? I'll be going through all the old posts here to get more of an insight. Thanks in advance!

John pell

Post by John pell »

I don't have any dislikes if I did I would not have purchased it. Was concerned before I got it as to quality as always had Mercedes and last car was an xc60 but more than happy with it
My19 Niro 3 Ocean Blue HEV
jerrytaff

Post by jerrytaff »

Welcome.
A not so old set of posts under this thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=514
might give you some ideas about what we like and dislike.
Personally:
Likes - seating position, visibility, infotainment, ease of driving. fuel economy,
Dislikes - Halogen headlamps, lack of spare wheel, limited choice regarding options and colours, scratchy plastic on back of front seats (easily damaged by small children in back)
Neutral - but other people strongly dislike - foot operated parking brake.

PHEV specific dislikes
- lack of heat pump. ( burns petrol, simply to heat the windscreen/cabin), even when batteries are fully charged and only doing a short journey)
- loss of boot space - why should PHEV have less space than the EV? or the HEV? - cannot readily accommodate even space saving spare.
2018 PHEV 3 in Gravity Blue :D
Previous DS (formerly Citroen) DS5 Prestige BlueHDi S/S Auto 2.0, Jaguar X type 2.0 S Diesel
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi krisnixon.
Lots of reviews by owners if you go back in time on the subject history.
To somerise, my Niro 2 had over 2years and generally very pleased.
Seats ok but some better models have more side support.
Equipment good but the adapt option is worth having if you take notice of the bells and whistles warnings.
Space is good for its size, but boot is marginal particularly if you frequently want a pushchair as well. The boot space is limited in height as standard set up so you cannot stand up a folded pushchair
The foot handbrake is being replaced soon with an auto type switch so many prefer this type.
Fuel consumption is not as good if you are a press on type of driver as the engine will always support exceleration.
Both front edges and rear edges of car are, typically for modern cars, prone to scuff and chip marks by careless parkers and road debri.
Rear camera and hatch area are very prone to road spray which quicky deteriorates the camera view .
In summary very happy with it overall
h2onorth

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post