New Kia Niro owner

New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
blandford_flyer

Post by blandford_flyer »

Hi All, I have just taken delivery of a 7 month old Niro 4.... The first time I've ever bought a car from Photo's and listing details only!
I fitted a Nextbase dashcam today from my old car, having bought a new hard wiring kit online. I've fitted these kits in a BMW X3 and a Mazda 2 previously without any problems and I found a really useful step by step fitting guide for the Niro on another owners forum.
The cabling has all gone in nicely around the roof and door pillar trim but I'm unable to connect to the fuse board as none of the 4 x Piggy Back fuses which came with the kit will fit the Niro fuse board.

From what I can gather the fuses are "Micro 2 Blade" fuses? so I need a Micro 2 blade fuse Tap / Piggy Back?
I've seen a couple of posts where people say they bought one of these but had to pare back the plastic section of the fuse tap with a stanley knife in order to make it fit the fuse slot on the board. That sounds a bit dodgy to me... if anyone has found a Fuse Tap which is a perfect fit I'd appreciate a link to the site / seller please.

Thanks & Regards

Alan

dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

Hi Alan

Just bought a Nextbase dashcam myself for my Niro 4 and was thinking of doing the installation myself, though Nextbase tell me they have an arrangement with Halfords who will fit the dashcam for £30 which includes the fitting kit. From your experience I'm not sure now whether Halfords will be able to fit the dashcam without the Micro 2 blade Tap. Would you kindly put the link on for the fitting guide you mentioned on another forum as this would be most helpful if I go down the self installation route.

Thanks

David
MY18 Niro 4 Graphite
blandford_flyer

Hi David,
The link for fitting guide is below:
https://www.kianiroforum.com/forum/194- ... today.html

I've just ordered a Micro 2 Blade piggyback / fuse tap from ebayfor £2.55 ... link for this is below:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Add-A-Circui ... 4902.l9144

I only ordered the Fuse Tap this afternoon so I can't confirm that it all fits and works but I took a fuse out of my Niro and compared it to the listing photos.... it looks like the right one.

Fingers crossed ... good luck with your installation.

Regards Alan
dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

Hi Alan

Many thanks for the links, think i will go down the self installation route providing the fuse fits. The tutoral is informative and should help make installation easier. Would appreciate if you could let me know, and for other Niro owners thinking of self installation, if the fuse works.

Thanks again for your help and enjoy your new Niro, Run my Niro 4 now for a year and have not regretted it for one minute. 12 months of trouble free motoring to date.

Regards David
MY18 Niro 4 Graphite
blandford_flyer

Hi David, Just finished fitting the Fuse Tap and connecting everything up. It all seems to be working just fine. I slackened off one of the 10mm nuts (bottom left beneath the steering column) which holds the fuseboard in place .... I used this for the earth / grounding cable.

Regards Alan
John pell

Post by John pell »

Hi Blandford Flyer
Do you want to pop around and hard wite mine ???
My19 Niro 3 Ocean Blue HEV
blandford_flyer

It's not difficult....... follow the fitting guide and order a Fuse tap from the links below

Fitting guide with photos: https://www.kianiroforum.com/forum/194- ... today.html

Fuse Tap from ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Add-A-Circui ... 4902.l9144

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post