Kia e-Niro

All Kia Niro related discussions
kia_e-niro_fan

Post by kia_e-niro_fan »

Hi Guys,
General question really, looking at the Satnav update on Kia's website and it stated 6 free map updates, dealer was puzzled so emails Kia and found out yes the Map update is free but the dealer will charge £25 to put it on I think thats crazy I thought let me put it on the SD Card myself.
@Dealers 06/03/2020, Picked Up 13/03/2020 Kia E-Niro '4 Gravity Blue

AlanHo

Post by AlanHo »

I think that is standard for all models.

It's a lot better than the previous method for other KIA/Hyundai models - you had to buy the update from the map supplier "HERE" at a cost of £139 if my memory serves me correctly.

In the UK the £25 charge is to cover the KIA dealers labour.

Other car brands are known to charge much more for installing updated maps

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/ca ... lvo-Nissan
Currently Sept 2021 Niro 3 HEV in Ocean Blue
kia_e-niro_fan

Post by kia_e-niro_fan »

Ah okay just find it starnge as Toyota give you 3 years free map updates by you downloading on Flashdrive and then updating the unit with the drive.
Suman

Post by Suman »

I had my update done during servicing and wasn't charged the £25 fee. It might be worth waiting for the service and having it done then.
Kia Stinger GTS in Panthera Metallic Grey
Previously: Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White, Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo
kia_e-niro_fan

Post by kia_e-niro_fan »

As I'd heard nothing from a) Kia or b) my dealer decided to go to the dealer to see if any updates and after talking for a while found out they'd been taking pre orders since December :shock: and that there is a battery issue which is delaying things badly also that if I ordered one I'd be looking at delivery in 2020 sometime maybe Q1, was offered the demo once it was used for a while but TBH I declined that as thought it would'nt be worth it but a 2020 delivery what the f*
kia_e-niro_fan

Post by kia_e-niro_fan »

Well after not hearing anything today went down to the dealer to pay my £1,000 deposit to Pre Order the e-niro it's now just a waiting game was told looking at a 2020 delivery, maybe during the year other companies will come out with something same size and 100% electric and may change for that but we'll see.
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi all.
I am very happy with my Niro 2 partly because it is large enough quiet and comfortable enough as well as being reasonably economical.
Recently , being at the dealership, I took the opportunity to take a drive in the E Niro. Much has been said about it in the press, mostly good.
My expectations about the drive modes and responsiveness were rewarded but I found two areas I did not like and have not been reported on much if at all.
1 The road and tyre noise seemed higher than my Niro 2 on standard surfaces. I know the E Niro has lower profile tyres and are 17 inch. My question is have they cut down on insulation to save weight and money?
2 You all know that the floor of the E Niro has been raised to help accommodate the battery packs, meaning that the door sills are at least half as high. However the seats are now closer to the floor, particularly in the back. This means that your knees and thighs must be jacked up , so you sit only on your bottom in the back.
This may be ok for children but no adult wants to travel like this for very long.
Why did they not raise the rear seat cushion to correct this, roof height is amp!e to allow this. I suspect because it means the back seat , when lowered for additional luggage would be a lot less f!ush.
To me this is a considerable negative are, Check it out yourselves
h2onorth
Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert »

Yeovil dealer is warning all interested customers of the years wait, i heard that Bournemouth dealer not taking any orders for E NIRO OR KONA E.
They were selling their Kona E demo for a premium !! 0ver £34k I believe.
On Autotrader Kona Es are going for anything between £32,885 & £37,995 :o
79 cars so far! Now 71 Reg eNiro 4+ Yacht Blue.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)
Mod Karoq & HR-V forums.
kia_e-niro_fan

Post by kia_e-niro_fan »

oh wow a delaer hiking the price of the Kona if a customer wants one this year, must have been lucky to get my deposit in then unless it was just that dealer stopping the deposits, just wonder if anyone that has already ordered and the date has been pushed to later this year gets a refund, I know it s car of the year for the e-niro but the organisation of the ordering process and KIA UK not ahving a clue as to whats going on doesn't bode well for them TBH.
Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert »

I'm going for a test drive at Chalkes of Yeovil on Saturday week, will report back afterwards.
79 cars so far! Now 71 Reg eNiro 4+ Yacht Blue.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)
Mod Karoq & HR-V forums.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post