Radio glitching

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
krisnixon

Post by krisnixon »

Following no set pattern, occasionally my FM/DAB radio loses signal from radio stations (I'm not talking niché, I mean BBC stations), I'll be listening and then it'll go silent, then after a couple of seconds the display will show a radio mast icon with a red x at the top, as if I've lost reception.

Also: I'm not talking about driving remote locations, i mean through city centres (it happened this morning as I was listening to a BBC station and driving past the BBC broadcasting building here that the show i was listening to was being transmitted from.

It's really annoying. I solve it by flicking up a channel and back down, but usually it takes 4 or 5 of those flick-off-and-back to get the station working fine again.

dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

Had the same issue with my Niro, wouldn't pick up any DAB stations one day and then was fine the next. Fortunately the day I took it to the dealer no DAB stations. Problem identified as a faulty shark fin aerial and replaced under KIA warrenty. Has been good ever since with no reception issues.
MY18 Niro 4 Graphite
davethetech

Post by davethetech »

there has been a recent Sat nav update that may cure your issue, Kia are planning to release Nav updates twice a year in the uk for AVN 4 5 and 1
Suman

Post by Suman »

I find mine does that whenever there's a double decker bus or a HGV near me.
Kia Stinger GTS in Panthera Metallic Grey
Previously: Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White, Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo