TPMS KIA Niro 2

All Kia Niro related discussions
Laguna8

Post by Laguna8 »

I have just purchased a Niro 2 and it says it has a TPMS on it but I cannot find how to view the pressures in the individual tyres on the instrument cluster, nor do I understand how to find how to do this in the user settings or how to reset the TPMS in the event of a problem.
Iโ€™ve read the manual and still donโ€™t understand how to do it.
Can anyone help me please.

jerrytaff

Post by jerrytaff »

The TPMS display is accessed by using the inner set of controls to the right of the centre of the steering wheel. The upper button one selects between several different sets of displays, and the up/down toggle takes you through that set in sequence. I suggest you cycle through all the displays available to you. I have the PHEV based on the 3, so mine are probably different to yours. You will find the display info on page 4-78 of the owners manual.

NB the TPMS is powered by the rotation of the wheels, so you need to be driving before it tells you the tyre pressures.

I must say that I find it reassuring and convenient to be able to monitor the pressure in real time when on the road instead of having to get my hands dirty measuring them manually when parked.
2018 PHEV 3 in Gravity Blue :D
Previous DS (formerly Citroen) DS5 Prestige BlueHDi S/S Auto 2.0, Jaguar X type 2.0 S Diesel
Laguna8

Post by Laguna8 »

Thanks jerrytaff Iโ€™ll give that a try and let you know how it goes...๐Ÿคž๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
krisnixon

Post by krisnixon »

In addition to Jerrytaff's answer, Laguna8, on my Niro 2, the right hand of the steering wheel - the top left button looks like two pages. Click that until the dash panel has selected the spanner icon. Then using the top right button on the r-h of the steering wheel, you can cycle through a number of different technical displays, including tyre pressure. Hope this helps.
jerrytaff

Post by jerrytaff »

PHEV is different then. The top left button gives 4 pages of menus, and the top right is used for switching cruise control or speed limiting on. The toggle beneath the top left button is used for cycling through the displays.
2018 PHEV 3 in Gravity Blue :D
Previous DS (formerly Citroen) DS5 Prestige BlueHDi S/S Auto 2.0, Jaguar X type 2.0 S Diesel
Laguna8

Post by Laguna8 »

Thanks both for your replies.
I have now found it and all is good and enjoying the fuel economy as well..๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post