Two faults - juddering & petrol cap

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
Lulu_J

Post by Lulu_J »

Hello folks

Just wondering if anyone else is having problem with the car juddering when driving? Also my petrol cap never wants to open. :(

I’ve had the car for 18 months with no problems.

I can’t seem to pinpoint a particular scenario when the juddering occurs, it’s all totally random moments.

Many thanks

Lulu

dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

No issues to date with my 18 month old Niro4 with 16000 miles on the clock. It has been a dream to drive since the day I took delivery of it new.
MY18 Niro 4 Graphite
duncanda

Post by duncanda »

Did you have the clutch actuator replaced as part of the recall in 2018?
davethetech

Post by davethetech »

check your fuel cap for debris and tree sap as it is common to cause these to stick, if that is ok then the spring on the inside of the fuel flap(by the hinge) may need adjusting, if you are still having issues,go to your nearest dealer and they should be able to sort that for you.
as for the judder a bit more explanation maybe needed. does the judder only happen when pulling away or whilst driving? if whilst driving is there a specific speed, is it worse under load or when cruising?
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Juddering.
Some reports of injector problems may cause juddering in certain situations.
Petrol cap release.
Make sure the actuator mechanism inside fuel filler recess is clean and greased with non sticky grease type. Make sure you when you push button on dash to open that you hold it down for a second or two to enable spring to open cap. If problem persists , once the cap is open get a 2nd person to press the dash button while you view the actuator mechanism, to see if anything is happening at that end!
h2onorth