New Owner

New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
Seasick-Sailor

Post by Seasick-Sailor »

Picking up my new Niro3 Hybrid on Friday all being well. Actually wanted the 4 but was told there is a 5 month wait so went for the 3 as the dealer had one available in the colour I wanted. Hope I have made a good choice as swapping a Honda HRV out as was not happy with the power or ride.

AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

Were you not offered a test drive? I have no problem with the ride in my car on its 18" low profiles. As for power, it's a hybrid, designed for economy principally. That said, it certainly shifts if you select sports mode, and, to me, is perfectly acceptable in fully automatic mode. I'm sure you'll be ok......
UK 2021 Mark 1 HEV 4 in silky silver, standard spec.
previously UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.
lovemycar

Post by lovemycar »

Great car is the Niro3 , sport mode is amazing and the paddles you can shift through gears in the car , only two niggling things are having to switch on the auto hold and having to switch off the lane departure warning before setting off , tech is very fast and phone voice recognition is not bad, as for mpg in this cold weather hitting just about 51 mpg ..
Kia Niro 3 Self Charging ...Colour is Graphite ( premium)....2019
Seasick-Sailor

Post by Seasick-Sailor »

Thanks both. Yes did have a test drive but just a few miles locally. Your right about the sport mode as the dealer slipped it into sports as I was driving and about to overtake. But like the last car it wasn’t till I started to do the 2 hour plus motorway and country lane drives I do for work that I realised the Honda was not up to the job. From all the reading up I have done I think I should be ok this time.