Dash cam 2019 nero 4 hybrid

All Kia Niro related discussions
DJCAT

Post by DJCAT »

Just talked to kia dealer scunthorpe. About having hardwired dash cam nextbase on updated 69 plate nero 4 hybrid. And been informed you can not hardwire a dash cam into the nero 4 latest spec. Said kia say it will cause interference with the electrics and invalidate the warranty. As anyone else had this problem and is it right. And is a way round the problem.

AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

Not had a problem, Halfords fitted a Nextbase dashcam with all the wiring concealed. It starts up when I put the ignition on, and turns off ditto off. All trouble free and no interference.
Last edited by AlanW55 on Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UK 2021 Mark 1 HEV 4 in silky silver, standard spec.
previously UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.
Deleted User 1053

Post by Deleted User 1053 »

I have wired my dashcam to the headlight unit ... no problems and short wires ...
Recycleman

Post by Recycleman »

Dealer needs to look at the current accessories list as nextbase are listed on Kia Uk website at a price of £290 fitted on all Niro models.
threewheelsmad

Post by threewheelsmad »

I have used the Viofo dash cams in all my cars using the piggy pack system from the fuse box, as i dont want it to operate it when the car is locked up, i just fit it to an ignition live only fuse, using the fuse piggy back system the same original fuse is continued to be used and the 2 amp is also used to safe guard the camera, has anyone else used this system as i now own a 2020 plate Niro 4 Self Charging Hybrid... this time my new dash camera is the VIOFO A129 Pro, which has a rear camera with the system just in case anyone is interested ..

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post