Service cost

All Kia Niro related discussions
duncanda

Post by duncanda »

Hi. I have a 2017 model 3 and need to get a 40,000 mile, 4th year service done. My local Kia dealer has quoted £346 for the service. That's a lot of money, but is that a typical price for the 4th service?

NiroMax

Post by NiroMax »

Hi, My PHEV Niro3 has just had it's 3rd. year service + 1st. MOT at a Kia dealer. Total cost £302.(MOT was full price at £55).
duncanda

Post by duncanda »

NiroMax thanks. I've decided to use a local owner managed independent garage to do my 4th service for £180. It's a garage I use for my wife's car and I'm happy with their service and the owner said that they would meet the spec. of Kia liquids etc. to maintain the warranty.
EssexBOF

Post by EssexBOF »

I have a relation who has bought a Stinger and tells me he can get it serviced by an independent service garage, providing it uses Kia parts, to maintain the Kia 7 year warranty. Can anyone confirm this please
duncanda

Post by duncanda »

Hi EssexBOF. Check this out from the Kia website: https://www.kia.com/uk/owners/faqs/warranty/
EssexBOF

Post by EssexBOF »

It would appear that a service non Kia garage, can service the car providing they fit Kia parts and itemise the part numbers on the invoice, so as to validate the 7 year warranty.
I note that the hybrid battery, does not have the length of warranty that Toyota, now give i.e. 15 years!
duncanda

Post by duncanda »

Key wording is "of equivalent quality." For a service, without repairing any faults, using Castrol/Shell oil/brake fluid and Bosch oil/air filters should be fine.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post