Finally made it!

All Kia Niro related discussions
Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert »

Picked up my 71 plate eNiro 4+ in Yacht blue, from Hendy Ferndown on the 5th July.
Home charger arriving on 26th. Until then it's 'Granny' or a chum round the corner.
Currently managing 5.5 M/pKWh round town. Have yet to do a run.
So far very chuffed although I do miss a few thing on the CR-V (ability to up/down the windows on the key fob, no adjustable and audible speed limit warnings, storage space is a lot less than the CR-V. ) Thinking I might buy a FRUNK. Anybody bought one of these?
Why on earth didn't Kia do it as standard?
wwwhttps://www.frunk.at/

So far seriously impressed!
P.S. My avatar won't upload it is 8X5 pixels. So small I can hardly see it on my screen must be about 5mb.
Am I doing something wrong. Why so small? other forums cope with much larger avatars?
79 cars so far! Now 71 Reg eNiro 4+ Yacht Blue.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)
Mod Karoq & HR-V forums.

AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

Love your comment "Why on earth didn't Kia do it as standard?". If I had a pound for every time I've seen/said that....
Ref your lack of speed limit warning, the Niro does have a speed limiter and a (so-called) intelligent speed limit warning that should satisfy your needs. I trust you can find it yourself.
UK 2021 Mark 1 HEV 4 in silky silver, standard spec.
previously UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.
Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert »

Thanks Alan.
I assume it is the one that has to be operated via the Cruise control? i have managed to get 'MY SPEED' to show above the recognised speed limit on the infoT screen.
I haven't had to charge it yet. That will be my lext 'learning curve' Having had an Outlander PHEV I DO know how to stick the plug in the hole :lol:
But will have to investigate charging time schedules etc. Not that it concerns me because, at 19p per KWh my leccy is cheaper 24hrs a day than changing to 'economy 7' which isn't. All they do is bunk up the day time charge to compensate for the cheaper so called off-peak. 'There's no such thing as a free lunch! ;)
Mod Karoq & HR-V forums.
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

Thats a good deal,who is your supplier?
Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert »

Shell Energy, But I'm afraid you won't get that deal now. I signed up on a 4 year fixed price deal, which expires August 24. Then God help me. :lol:
Mod Karoq & HR-V forums.
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

I'm just signing up to a fresh economy 7 deal. somewhat higher than the last!

!4p off peak 35p day time.

I can live with that--car,and e aga with most other things on timers.