Car pulling heavy to the left

All Kia Niro related discussions
athlonoc

Post by athlonoc »

I took my e-niro to have the tracking checked and all was spot on. The tyres are in good shape and my 21plate has done 11,000 miles. Reason for this was because the car drifts/pulls heavily to the left.

They suggested I get the car calibrated as it might have an issue with the steering sensor or it could be an ADAS issue which as I understand is the detection system in the windscreen.

Hopefully to rule out Lane Keep Assist causing it, I've turned that off.

anyone had an issue with this? If so how did it get rectified and is that likely to be covered under warranty?

Thought I'd check here first before calling Kia in case I can obtain some ammunition
MY21 e-Niro 4+

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert »

I also have a 21 reg eNiro at 10,000miles. I don't have any problem like yours.
What make/model of tyres do you have fitted? When did the problem start? Was it immediate or crept up slowly on you?
79 cars so far! Now 71 Reg eNiro 4+ Yacht Blue.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)
Mod Karoq & HR-V forums.
athlonoc

Post by athlonoc »

The tyres are Michelin Primacy 3 on all four wheels. They appear to be the originals from new.
This problem was noticeable from day one when I picked it up as a second hand purchase from a Kia dealership.
I've been meaning to get the tracking looked at as a quick easy cheap option but that has shown it's not the tracking.

I might have to bite the bullet and take it to a dealership.
MY21 e-Niro 4+
Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert »

Mine also. Primacy 3s are OE.
No need to bite any bullets. Car under warranty, so up to dealer to sort it out.
Looking on t'internet it appears it is not a particularly uncommon problem.
Try jacking the N/S/F wheel off the ground, try to spin the wheel by hand (ensuring the 'gear' knob is in N and NOT IN PARK!)
If it wont spin easily. it is probably that the brake calliper is seized. Though I would be most surprised if this was the case at such low mileage, unless you drive constantly in waterlogged ditches :lol:
It could possibly be a valve/switch problem in the steering rack?
My advice, GET DOWN TO THE DEALER URGENTLY.
Do let us all know what the problem is and how you got on with the dealer sorting it.
Good luck.
Check these out . (gives you a bit of 'clever dicky' background so the dealer can't bamboozle you )
https://www.kniro.net/description_and_o ... -1319.html
Mod Karoq & HR-V forums.
athlonoc

Post by athlonoc »

Thanks Colin - that's my next port of call and indeed I will get that jacked up at home first and see. I would have hoped the garage that had it on the ramps would have spun the wheels to check something like that as it sounds obvious now you say it.
MY21 e-Niro 4+
Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert »

I think you will find, that if using computerised tracking equipment, they don't lift it off it's wheels, just roll it onto pads.
tracking has to be done wit the full weight of the car on the ground.
Good luck.
Mod Karoq & HR-V forums.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post