new to me niro phev

New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
bugsb

Post by bugsb »

picking up a 2020 low milage phev tuesday , will need to pick your brains at times , car will be used mainly on electric during the week as work is only 6 miles away , we bought the phev due to old leaf not having the range when we need it , already we see you need a degree for the info system , does it still play music or do i have to listen to the mrs :D
Ron

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert »

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new car.
It will still play bings and bongs on start up & switch off.
Between which you will stiff have to listen to SWMBO! :lol:
79 cars so far! Now 71 Reg eNiro 4+ Yacht Blue.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)
Mod Karoq & HR-V forums.
bugsb

Post by bugsb »

picked the car up i hate the stop start feature when in hev mode , but lucky we will use it most of the time in ev mode , so just have to learn another mode of driving again when it goes into funny mode (hev)
ev /odb dongle (diagnostics scanner )plus car scanner worked a treat to check the battery condition
bugsb

Post by bugsb »

who has the info on the batt packs i ask as car saying charged at 100%/36mile but under car scanner its at 94% 4.1v per cell , i am guessing as with most rechargeable cells the last 10% in some cases causes more damage to the cells so the bms on the kia wont let it charge to the 4.2v
Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert »

According to the interweb.
"The Kia Niro PHEV has an electric driving range of up to 40 miles, combined fuel economy of 353.1mpg, and CO2 emissions as low as 18g/km (in the case of the '2' trim level). The '4' trim level as tested has an electric driving range of up to 38 miles, combined fuel economy of 282.5mpg, and CO2 emissions of 22g/km." Which trim level is yours?

When did you last charge it and what was the ambient temp?

My eNiro usually shows 316 miles to a full charge, but I charged it over last night with the temp about 9c
and this morning it was showing only 308 miles at 100%
Hopefully a PHEV owner may be able to give you better/more advice.
79 cars so far! Now 71 Reg eNiro 4+ Yacht Blue.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)
Mod Karoq & HR-V forums.
jerrytaff

Post by jerrytaff »

The 2020 Model only has a range of 36 Miles, and in common with any lithium battery, is never charged to 100% or discharged to zero. So the 94.4% sounds about right. My 2018 PHEV still gives me 36 miles indicated - and 36+ miles achieved if driven in 30mph speed limit areas without the aircon, but with front seats heated. When fully charged, turning the aircon on drops the indicated mileage to 34 miles, but it reverts to 36 if turned off again.

"funny mode" Not sure what you find annoying about it - in HEV mode it behaves like any "normal" hybrid; only using the ICE when needed; albeit it, with a much more conventional automatic transmission than, say a Toyota. Incidentally , in EV mode, the ICE kicks in if you accelerate hard enough, or if you turn the heating on (I don't think the 2020 model has a heat pump) - so its using its highly efficient engine to produce heat for the cabin. I only use the heater enough to keep the windscreen demisted, relying on the heated seats instead.
2018 PHEV 3 in Gravity Blue :D
Previous DS (formerly Citroen) DS5 Prestige BlueHDi S/S Auto 2.0, Jaguar X type 2.0 S Diesel

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post