new member here

New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
Suman

Post by Suman »

I've had a rethink and Steve is right about the cost-effectiveness.

Even if you charged your vehicle overnight every night and used the average battery range every day of the year, you would drive around 20 * 365 miles per year on pure electric. That's 7300 miles.

If you could get the electricity cost to be 2p per mile instead of 8p, you would only save £438 per year in fuel. That saving would be wiped out by the cost of fitting a charge point to your home and the higher cost of the vehicle.
Kia Stinger GTS in Panthera Metallic Grey
Previously: Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White, Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo

alexsala

Post by alexsala »

thank you all for the feedback, from my point of view i´d rather pay the 1000€ the charging port would cost the electricity bill (not to mention that i would be getting it free from work, as i work 8h daily) than to spend 30€ weekly as i currently do with the hyunday i30.
If by some miracle the plug-in version costs around 22.000€ including discounts, i think it´s a good deal, more than that i would just go for the hybrid version wich i could get for 19.000€ with all the driving aids.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post