Hello and thanks.

New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
asl1956

Post by asl1956 »

Thank you for allowing me to join the forum. I come to you having cancelled our order made on the 6th March 2022 for an Hyundai Kona Ultimate EV! Having had the delivery date moved from July '22 to Sept '22 then Dec '22 them March '23 and now August '23 we decided to cancel it. Not least the fact that the new Kona is now available to order so as we drive out the showroom in August the phrase "welcome to your new old car" springs to mind. Anyway once the deed was done we went straight over to the Kia dealer and enquired what was about and they told us that they had a Niro 4 PHEV in Orange Flame with a black blade on its way and we could take delivery of that on March 24th!! So order made on Jan 20th and can't wait for the 24th March (already tracking the ship, Morning Lisa, which we believe it is on. I'm sure I will be posting more questions and searching for guidance from you knowledgeable lot.

AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

Can't help wondering, you do know you're not getting a fully electric car?
UK 2021 Mark 1 HEV 4 in silky silver, standard spec.
previously UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.
asl1956

Post by asl1956 »

Yes we made a conscious decision to m ove away from full electric to the PHEV half way house due to negative press and range anxiety. Will give this a couple of years and if the EV scene improves may jump over 100% then. Still hanging on to my X5 though.