Help/Advice/Suggestions please?

All Kia Niro related discussions
Grundy

Post by Grundy »

I'm not sure where to go with this and as it's a Kia issue I thought I might tap into the wisdom of fellow Niro owners.

In March this year I bought a brand new Niro EV Plugin. Before a week had elapsed I got lots of 'odd' warnings popping up every time I drove it. So I took it back to the dealer who thought it might be due to cold weather or bright sunlight, Sounds crazy, I know! I was persuaded to take the car away and asked to return it if it didn't improve.

It got worse! Still putting up random safety 'warnings' every time I drove it. Eventually, in view of the safety concerns, the dealer agreed to lend me an inferior, but new petrol manual car pending repair.

I was assured that the necessary replacement 'part' would arrive on 17 May and would be installed by/on Friday 19th. I am still not sure exactly what the 'part' is. It is possibly the windscreen as the fault is allegedly to do with the cameras although I have been told it was a 'known' issue that happened to several cars in transit????

On Friday 19th at 17:30 the dealer's repair shop clerk phoned & said not that the car was ready for collection as I expected, but that the part hadn't arrived!! To make matters worse she also stated that the next replacement part isn't expected until JULY!!!

My instinct is now to completely and utterly reject the car as not fit for purpose & demand my money back plus some compensation for being without the car for such a long time. (When I get it back it won't be the 'NEW' car I bought will it?)

Has anyone else had this type of fault? How long did you have to wait to get it fixed? Is this time or fault 'normal' for KIA's?

What would you do?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post