Hesitation when accelerating

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
duncanda

Hesitation when accelerating

Post by duncanda » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:32 pm

Hi. I’m new to the forum and bought a March 2017 Niro 3 with 10,000 miles on the clock a month ago. I’ve been commuting 400-500 miles per week and I’m getting use to the car. My previous car was a Lexus IS300h.

My query is about the drive train. On a few occasions I seem to have caught out the gears. What I mean is that I’ve come to a stop, or near stop and then have gone from braking to accelerating and there’s been a noticeable delay for the gears to engage and accelerate away. Never had this problem in the Lexus. I know it’s a different type of auto gearing, but the delay has really caught me out. Is this typical of the Niro?

Greenman

Re: Hesitation when accelerating

Post by Greenman » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:34 am

Those of us who got the cars in the early months found this as a general problem. There was a recall in 2017 that improved it a lot, and then at my last service 30 Aug there were 4 updates that have improved it again. I'd say now that any hesitation is pretty comparable to any other automatic on the road. Your car may not have had the recall actions done?
Mike R
Niro 2 Black [no additional driving aids] Since 1 Sept 2016
Previously: Sportage KX2awd on11 plate

duncanda

Re: Hesitation when accelerating

Post by duncanda » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:06 am

Thanks Greenman. I'l be sure to check if it's had the updates. I think I've seen them on another thread on the forum. Just realised it was your post.

Return to “Faults & Technical”