Bulb upgrade

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
DR08SON

Re: Bulb upgrade

Post by DR08SON » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:12 am

First off, New member, just got my Niro company car so, Hi everyone.
Sorry to restart an old topic but I'm struggling with this LED upgrade on my Niro. I've tried 3 different sets of LED bulbs and not having much luck.
I tried some cheap ones first, they lit up but gave me an error message on the dash (With canbus attachments). Took them out anyway as they were useless.
Purchased two better sets and neither of them will even attempt to light up. I've been told the HID and LED upgrades have to be activated by a computer program. Then I did some research and stumbled across this forum.
Long story short, How did you guys get them to work?
The factory lights look terrible. Thanks in advance.

djbobbins

Post by djbobbins » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:57 pm

Agree the factory lights look terrible against the DRLs - such a contrast in light colour.

Feels like the look of the front of the car is marred by the lack of a tiny bit of extra effort to fit crisp white LED headlights as factory standard.

Also agree that relative to my previous car, the headlights are less effective too :-(

radar2018

Post by radar2018 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:06 am

I am thinking of fitting these to my NIRO PHEV as I am a bit disappointed with the original ones ,HB3 OSRAM Night Breaker Laser Next Generation 12v 60w Headlight Bulb , Has any one fitted these, I know there are brighter ones but I want to stay legal.

Return to “Faults & Technical”