What the hell is 'ambient lighting' on a Niro 4 HEV ?

All Kia Niro related discussions
HaxbyPete

What the hell is 'ambient lighting' on a Niro 4 HEV ?

Post by HaxbyPete » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:35 pm

I'm still struggling to get this 'ambient lighting' thing to work.

I have been into the menu on the central instrument cluster and found ' adjust ambient lighting colour' and also 'adjust ambient lighting brightness'. I have clicked on them both selecting blue and maximum brightness. But nothing happened !

The buttons and switches are still back-lit in red and I don't see any other lights which have changed to blue anywhere in the car. Am I looking for the wrong thing ?

I have been onto KIA and they confirm that my 2020 Niro4 HEV comes with Ambient Lighting as part of the spec. My local dealer has also taken a look, can't work it out and has promised to come back to me when he has checked with KIA UK. But that was a week ago now and still no info !

So, if you have enabled 'ambient lighting' on your HEV will you please tell me what and where it is so I can join in the enjoyment of this feature.

Thanks.

AlanW55

Re: What the hell is 'ambient lighting' on a Niro 4 HEV ?

Post by AlanW55 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:18 pm

Ambient lighting usually refers to subtle led lights in the footwells, internal door handles, around the roof control panels etc. I had this on my Ford Focus Titanium X, but haven't seen it on the Niro.
UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.

Chantbead

Re: What the hell is 'ambient lighting' on a Niro 4 HEV ?

Post by Chantbead » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:05 pm

On the HEV 4 the ambient lighting when enabled shows up beneath the horizontal silver trim on the dash, however, it has to be fairly dark to see it!

Return to “Main Kia Niro chat”