asics 2000

New to the Kia Niro Forums? Introduce yourself here
CarterRaglan

asics 2000

Post by CarterRaglan » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:32 am

ÿþBased on your comments, I think asics gel kayano 24 we do agree more than we disagree. My position would be that when it comes to the production of products that have the potential to alter biomechanics, either for the better or the worse (or maybe not at all), biomechanists should be at the forefront of all design decisions. I have heard stories from many that this is not the case at most major shoe companies. I have heard that good designs from a biomechanical standpoint can get sunk because they can't be marketed or because they don't meet aesthetic considerations. I have heard that marketing budgets vastly outstrip those for actual biomechanics research. I have heard that many good designers who are biomechanically oriented have left the business because they get frustrated by marketing departments.

Pete.. where do I start? Lots odf questions so I will try. There seems to be a lot of animosity toward ASICS, but not a lot of understanding of what the company does.. other than sell shoes..let me start here biomechanics, either for the better or the worse (or maybe not at all), biomechanists should be at the forefront of all design decisions.. at ASICS.. they are.. to the extent, that we outsource our research to about 6 diffrent universities, as well as using our own facility in Kobe Japan. the reason we do this.. which is quite unique, is that we want t eliminate any bias i our research and make sure we really do get an answer to our research asics gel lyte v question. I am very confident we get fear no favour answers, because if we are gonna publish this in the public domain, it is the reputaion of the key researchers at stake.

I have heard that good designs from a biomechanical standpoint can get sunk because they can't be marketed or because they don't meet aesthetic considerations I am sure this is the case with some companies, but not with ASICS.. the only reason a project gets sunk is if we can not establish asics gt 1000 beyond doubt that it works.. or, that it has the potential to injury the athlete. Let me give you a recent example. For almost 4 years, I have been working on a project aimed at individuals with late stage overpronation, that is those pronating from midstance on, which is very stressful. Let me emphasise that contact phase pronation is not in my sites and has not been for 20 years. The shoe we have been working on provides a stimulus to the plantar mechanoreceptor t send a signal to the brain that the foot is "off' the line of progression and alway it to dictate a change. After 4 years looking at the kinetics and kinematics and many prototypes, we know this works. What's more, we can demonstrate a refractory effect.. ie, once the shoe has been removed, the effect lingers.

Biomechanics and science should be forefront build the best product for the runner based on sound science as you suggest that really IS what we do.. asics 2000 it is the only way it can work. "I do realize that products have to sell, but sometimes maybe taking a risk on a novel product is worth it because it's the right thing to do" Pete.. a part of my job is to try to identify injury trends in the community, and then see if I can design a research project to understand why that is happening. Sometimes it results in shoe technology that helps, sometime is has nothing to do with shoes. Let me give you an example of this and the risks we take. In 2005 I identified a group of athletes who had an extraordinary divergence of injury rate and type in the sports community. in particular this group was suffering ruptures of their ACL's at a rate 8 times more often than their peer group.

The study looked at the effect of circulating oestragen on tendon complance and neuromotor control, with the premise that high concentrations of oestragen if female athletes would increase tendon compliance (make them stretchier) and also impair motorskilss.. a double whammy for a female athlete. What we were able to discover was that high concentrations of oestragen increased tendon compliance at about day 14 of the menstrual cycle, and low levels reduced motor skills. So.. women (who are not on the pill" have a window of opportunity for injury at about day1 and again at day 14. Bigo.. if we know this we can do something to protect this. The research has now won several international awards, and had the rare distinction of attracting editorail comment from the Journal of Applied Physiology, calling it one of the most important studies i nto gender reseach i a decade.. ASICS research mate.. that has nothing to really do with footwear. Dowe deserve credit? Your call. What I can tell you is that armed with what we now knew, we did introduce new design elements into the Kayano 16 for women, which, based on the science, we believed would help the female runner.

Ok. I've been thinking that I may be unfairly judging you (and Asics). So I'd like to try out a pair of Asics to try out. I went on the web-site to the shoe fit chart, but I couldn't really get past that page. Step 3 asks the consumer to select our "Category Type" but the only options available are "Structured," "Cushioning," "Maximum," and "Trail." If my foot requires a asics cumulus minimally supportive and minimally cushioned shoe because my foot arch is extremely strong as are the supportive muscles in my foot and leg, then which Asics shoe would you recommend? I am unconvinced that there is anything wrong with my running gait as evidenced by absolutely no foot, leg, or joint pain during short or long runs. Therefore I do not require any "correcting" or extra support devices in the shoe. All I really want is a little cushion and protection from abrasion and puncture. Also, I don't really want Image a "driving" or "casual" style shoe such as the Tiger.